Description: Software Engineer
Software Engineer Job Purpose: Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
Software Engineer Job Duties:
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating requirements, analysis, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Analyzing Information, Solution Architecting, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
Must have Programming languages: C
Optional Programming languages: Python, Perl, Java, Shell Scripting
Please contact Toni Piehl firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to work in our Helsinki office.